- Comfort Clothes on July 23, 2007 - I just fell in love with the skirts and am hoping that I will soon be confident enough to make my own. It also makes me wish I still had a couple of the skirts that I used to love so much so I could copy the pattern.
- Picnic Time on May 1, 2007 - I love the picnic blankets, the napkins, the basket, the photos. I really want to make a blanket like this with the rock pockets and load a bunch of stuff into that basket and head to Stone Mountain. Nevermind that it's eight hours away.
- In anticipation of the birds on March 7, 2007 - I can't stop thinking about these linen aprons. I like the pleating at the top for the mama aprons. I love that they're 100% linen. I'm crazy about the pockets (I love pockets and so does Abigail). And the neckties (instead of straps) satisfy my safety first concerns with a toddler.
- WHO Bread on February 14, 2008 - We like our homemade bread around here. I like that this is a bread machine recipe, easy for kids and fairly healthy. We haven't made it yet, but it's on the list. (WHO stands for honey, wheat, oat - she mentions that in a previous post.)
- a shop update! on September 25, 2007 - While this is "just" a shop update, there are great photos of two projects I've been considering since I saw them - corduroy smocks and a linen lap quilt. Oh, I love linen.
- Feeling Thrifty on August 18, 2005 - She describes making cloth diapers, burp cloths and cloth feminine napkins. I've been toying with the idea of all three and I like her designs.
- Acorns Are Fun on November 13, 2007 - This post reminded me of the natural materials I used as toys when I was a kid - leaves, sticks, rocks, pine cones etc. I'm hoping to order some acorns this fall and go in search of the real thing.
- Keep Drawing on May 6, 2009 - Encouragement for creating/crafting/making where your children can see you or, better yet, with your children. It's all about modeling.
- Making Books on November 16, 2007 - My nephew started writing books for us when he was about three years old. This post has some wonderful ideas on creating handmade books for little ones to use. I should probably get to work on making some for my own little munchkin.
- For Handkerchiefs on August 3, 2009 - A cute bag to store handkerchiefs. It reminds me of a pocket Kleenex holder, only much larger. I'm considering switching at least some of my household to cloth over paper, and this would be a great place to store them.
- a Good Folks throw on April 14, 2009 - I love the colors in this throw, but I'm also interested in the organic cotton fabric she uses as the backing.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Celebrating Homemade - SouleMama Inspiration
I'm so excited about the new SouleMama book, Handmade Home, that I am beside myself. As a celebration of the impending release (Tuesday, August 11) I thought I would share some of my favorite projects that I've seen on SouleMama over the years. Actually, I just started reading her blog a little over a year ago, but I'm such a nerd that I went back and read all of her archives. I would happily buy a compilation of her posts - anyone else?
Anyway, here's a list of some of my favorites:
As you can see, I look for inspiration from SouleMama quite a bit. I hope you enjoy these posts as much as I do. I'm going to go reread The Creative Family and wait for my copy of Handmade Home.