- Pop Science @What Do We Do All Day - Discusses popping amaranth grain like popcorn. What a neat idea! We're huge popcorn fans, and enjoying finding new things to pop.
- bulk food bags @beauty that moves - I've been wondering about bulk food bags and how they work. These are really pretty. This is a new blog for me. I discovered her this week because she conducted an interview with Amanda Soule of SouleMama.
- Me: The Abridged Version and Giveaway @The Art of Choosing Joy - Kolette Hall talks about Cathy Zielske's project based on the book The Encyclopedia of an Odinary Life. I've done a similar project and really enjoyed it. Cathy used to teach her album project at CKU (Creating Keepsakes University) and will be teaching it this fall in an online format through Big Picture Scrapbooking.
- Handmade Home: Ezra's Letter Satchel @SouleMama - Highlights one of the projects in the new books. I love these little envelopes that hold treasured letters. I'm considering making one to hold the letters that my husband and I wrote to each other for the 2 1/2 years that we lived apart before we got engaged. (Although the archivist in me wants to take them out of the envelopes and unfold them to get rid of the creases that damage paper with time.)
- Ditchin' Lunchbox Dread @The Breeder Files - A take on menu rotation (Monday is past day, Friday is pizza day, ect). Breeder Mama has chosen theme days for her child's lunches, for example Monday is Peanut Butter Day and there is so much more variety in that than I had thought possible. I don't have to worry about school lunches for a while, but it's such a cool idea that I thought I'd share.
- Welcome to August @Write.Click.Scrapbook - Lots of ideas for scrapbooking summer - journaling questions, quotes, photos tips, mini album ideas and more.
- Handmade Home: Projects, a Giveaway and More @beauty that moves - Unforunately, the giveway is over now. I like her family's interpretations of the projects from Handmade Home. Also, the question she asks for the giveaway (what's your favorite spot in your home?) is a great journaling/scrapbooking jumping off point. I think I'll do a page about my answer.
- Star Wars Felt Finger Puppets @Make & Takes - I love these puppets. Felt is very popular in our family (it's a favorite gift for my niece and nephew. I fully expect my nephew to make some of these finger puppets when he sees these pictures. Do you have enough felt, buddy?
- Signs and Magic @A Mountain Mama - This essay made me take a deep breath and breathe. It is so easy to get caught up in expectations of ourselves and others expectations of us. I love how she laughed when she caught her daughter making a mess. And then didn't beat herself up about it.
- Composting Fun @What Do We Do All Day? - This post made me laugh. And then think maybe I should try another worm farm. My daughter could tear their bedding to my heart's content.
- Summer Boredom Busters @TipJunkie - It may be cheating to list someone else's link post in my link post, but these are some great ideas. It's too late for most moms, since school has started in most places, but maybe it can help the moms of non-school age children. And make sure to bookmark these ideas for next summer!
- Free Printable Lunchbox Notes @Skip to My Lou - My Mama used to write notes on our lunchbags or our napkins. I wish I'd kept some of those. So I love the idea of slipping notes into your child's lunchbox for encouragement or connection. Here's another way to do that.
Saturday, August 15, 2009
What I've Been Reading This Week
I have a few (too many) blogs that I enjoy reading, and keep finding new ones all the time. Today I'm sharing a few of my favorites posts from the past week or so. Enjoy!