- Without Filters by Monica - I discovered Monica's blog when we took Library of Memories together at Big Picture Scrapbooking in 2008. She writes about motherhood, scrapbooking, photography and sometimes a little quilting. She's so talented and I enjoy cheering her success.
- Capture The Memories by April - I found April through Library of Memories in 2007, I think. April also writes about scrapbooking, photography, and motherhood and I enjoy her persepctive.
- What Do We Do All Day? by Mom and Kiddo - A friend of mine suggested Mom's blog and I enjoy reading about her activities with her son. Her life in Brooklyn is so different than mine in Kentucky and yet it's fun to see the similarities between us.
- The Breeder Files by Breedermama - Breedermama writes about motherhood, writing, and crafting, among other things. She has a fresh voice that I admire.
- A Mountain Mama by Kelli - Kelli inspires me as a mother and I enjoy reading her positive outlook even when she's struggling. Also, her lifestyle reminds me so much of the way I was raised, and I love visiting her mountain home.
- Dou-la-la by Anne - Anne writes about birth, breastfeeding and motherhood. Her blog advocates being educated about your options, and I'm passionate about that. Just a warning, though, sometimes she has graphic childbirth photos posted. They don't bother me, but I wanted to make sure you knew.
- UK Lass In US by Dawn - Dawn writes about sewing, knitting, and other crafts she does for herself and her kids. She also usually posts English to American translations which I really get a kick out of. (I recently learned that peckish means "a wee bit hungry" and I feel better for it.)
- The Artist, The Mom by Angela - Angela is a Waldorf handwork teacher, so you know her blog is filled with crafty fun. She is gentle and calm, and her posts make me stop and consider.
Friday, November 13, 2009
Blogs You May Not Know About
I often write about specific posts that I enjoyed reading, but I thought today I would highlight a few blogs that I frequent. I don't think these blogs have hit major-celebrity status yet (ala SouleMama or Dooce) but they are a few of my must-reads. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Please consider visiting these ladies to see for yourself and tell them I said hi!