- Birth stories. I am fascinated by childbirth and how the perception of birth has changed over the years. I would also love to know about early newborn days and breastfeeding. I recently learned that my Grandma breastfed my Mama and my aunt (her fifth and sixth children) and I felt such a kinship with her.
- Everyday details. What they ate. What their daily lives were like.
- Friendships. Who were their friends and why were they friends?
- How they named their children.
- What were their hobbies? How did they spend any free time? Did they have free time?
- What were their greatest challenges?
- What were their greatest successes? Their greatest failures?
- What were their relationships with their families like?
- Did they go on vacations? Where?
- How did they see themselves as mothers (or as fathers)? How did they parent?
Thursday, November 19, 2009
What I Wish I Knew
I'm sure there is more, but I haven't come up with anything else yet.
What do you wish you knew about the generations who came before you?