- Prepare for the Zombie Apocalypse @ the CDC - I'm sure you've seen this elsewhere. This IS for real. The CDC was writing up their usual "disaster preparedness" spiel and realized it was incredibly boring. It turns out that you prepare for zombies the same way you prepare for hurricanes and tornadoes.
- lalalala love @Color Me Katie - An interesting perspective of taking group photos. She shows a bunch of family photos taken from behind - where people have their arms wrapped around each other. I love "from behind" shots too, so I thought this was great.
- Free Digital Word Art @Ali Edwards - Ali created digital word art for those going through natural disasters with words like "storm," "tornado," and "love in action" and she's giving it away for free.
- Finnian & Lachlan's Studio @ Sew Liberated - This is a very cool children's playroom/studio and it was done on the cheap - mostly with things she already had around the house.
- Mexico City Style Tacos @Wisdom of the Moon - I love tacos. I really love carne asada tacos on corn tortillas with onions and cilantro. This version is similar only she used quinoa for a vegetarian version. I had never thought of making my quinoa Mexican-style, so this is going in my bag of tricks.
- One World, Many Stories: Books to Know @Abby the Librarian - Books about the world for preschoolers. (Abby used to work with me in the children's department at the bookstore and she was amazing. I bet she's an incredible children's librarian - I wish her library was closer to me.)
- from berries to jam @Sew Liberated - The recipe is not in this post, but she mentions a strawberry-lavender jam recipe that I have to try this summer. It's in the book Canning for a New Generation.
Friday, May 20, 2011
I've seen some cool stuff on blogs lately, and I just had to share.
What cool stuff have you found lately?